How to effectively classify my works?
The proper classification of the works is essential not only to bring the customers but also to inform them and trigger the purchase!
- Select the categoryThis is the main category of the work, painting, sculpture, photography
- Select the techniques used to create the artIndicate the main techniques used. You can choose several techniques, in several categories, especially if the work is created using mixed techniques.
- Indicate the support or surfaceIf the work is done on a substrate (canvas, paper), specify it. If the surface is not indicated, choose "other surface".
- Specify the mount/rigid support (optional)
You can specify all the other elements in the keyword section and description.
Common mistakes leading to artworks being refused:
- Digital Prints classified as Paintings
Images printed on canvas are not paintings, and must not be classified as paintings. They must be classified as digital art, or prints.
- Digital art classified as Photos
Digital Images with heavy post-production effects, or made with an App, and classified as photos. Artworks made mainly on a computer must be classified as digital art. Also, the "photos" category is only available for artists who are the actual photographer. If you edit a photo found on the internet, made by another photographer, it must be in the digital art category.