How to avoid scams and spot fake opportunities?
Artmajeur is a prominent marketplace that receives a lot of traffic from around the world. It is not possible to guarantee that all visitors are of excellent morality, but by simply following a few simple rules, you can totally guard yourself against all scam attempts.
Make sure your contact is legitimate:
- Check its location with the button "CHECK THIS CONTACT"
Country, language, way of expressing themselves: if the information provided by the client does not seem consistent, ask them additional questions to find out more.
- Look for their name on Google or the forums
Spot fake customers
- The customer is required to continue the conversation outside of Artmajeur, or via email
- Customer requests delivery by a carrier with strange or unconventional payment terms
- The customer asks you to advance money in exchange for another service
- The customer is "travelling to another country" and asks you to contact another person
- The offer is too beautiful (the client wants to redecorate an apartment of 600m2)
- The client inherited his uncle $ 25,000,000 who lives in Africa
- The customer has a language that does not correspond to his name or the locality he declares
Never communicate outside of Artmajeur
- Communicate exclusively on your Artmajeur secure interface, never outside. Your email remains hidden and protected
- Complete the transaction and payment from your Artmajeur order form
Block and report unscrupulous contacts
- When you detect a fraudulent contact, use the block and report feature so that the moderation team and other artists are notified!
NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD
- No member of Artmajeur or payment provider will ask for your password
- Your password must remain secret and must not be transmitted in ANY WAY
Send the work after receiving the payment, never before!
- Never send the package until you have verified that the money is in your bank account
Do not give in to psychosis
- The vast majority (99.99%) of visitors and customers are legitimate and serious.
- Maybe a transaction will not succeed because the customer is no longer interested, or he does not have the budget, but he is nonetheless legitimate.
- There is only a very tiny part of contacts that may not be legitimate, but it deserves your educated attention.
Keep in mind that NOTHING REPLACES YOUR VIGILANCE!
Do you want to report a scam?
Use the reporting button above messages in section section: My Account > Messages