Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
KEHIDUPAN. (life) (2022) Textile Art by F. R. Endang Waliati -
- Packaging (Box or cardboard packaging) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
Original Artwork (One Of A Kind)
- Dimensions Height 59.1in, Width 39.4in
- Artwork's condition The artwork is in perfect condition
- Categories Textile Arts under $10,000 Surrealism Esotericism
Quite a few painters combine multiple elements into a single panel to express their ideas. This method is commonly known as Mix Media Artist . However, there are just a few Indonesian painters that specialize in patchwork, and they may be counted on the fingers. One of them is Endang Waliati. Endang herself is better known as Endang Perca since her patchwork paintings are highly renowned and synonymous with Endang`s personality. Patchwork finally made her as a well-known artist, but it was not Endang's first choice. However, through a long & winding process.Depart from a unique teenage journey Endang grew up with persistent anxiety and insomnia. Her anxiousness has an impact on her daily life, especially her thought processes.
In her free time, Endang often helps her tailor's neighbors. Unknowingly, her mind was tickled by the uniqueness of the color of the various fabrics and the rest of the fabrics piled up there. However she had no idea how to use it. Until one day, the tailor suggested that the patchwork be sorted, cut into triangles shape, and separated by motif and color. Her passion and enthusiasm suddenly ignited when she combined pieces of patchwork patterned in different colors to create rich and imaginative shapes and patterns. Enjoying the busyness of her new work was a catalyst/trigger for her peace of mind and emotional wellbeing. Her anxiety has subsided, and she is gradually tapering off her anti-anxiety medication. Endang's self-confidence grew and developed, especially when her first work was recognized by those closest to her. She gradually realized that one of the causes of anxiety was an asynchronous situation between the condition for unleashing creative energy and the lack of support factors.
Endang sees the competence and maturity of the work process as a watershed moment in her ascent to self-confidence. The inaugural exhibition was place in 1994 at Balai Pemuda Surabaya. People were really enthusiastic, and they enjoyed the patchwork painting's distinctiveness. This provides even more motivation for inventiveness. However, in her course she was involved in several clashes, including derision directed at her paintings. However, none of this stopped her from progressing and being productive. Furthermore, the support of some senior artists who are still concerned is encouraging. In 1997, she eventually left Surabaya to join a leading artists who were actively engaging in national events like as the Yogyakarta Art Festival, Gong 2000 Bandung, and the Art Festival Ancol Jakarta.
Commitment to creativity is also reflected in her solo exhibitions in several cities in Indonesia, and the pieces she presents are in high demand among collectors and art enthusiasts. This is a reaction to those who look down on patchwork art, and in return, Endang's presence has been recognized among artists.