Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
Waiting for Spring (2022) Painting by Théo Golb
- Packaging (Box or cardboard packaging) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
This image is available for download with a licence
Original Artwork (One Of A Kind)
- Dimensions Height 20in, Width 16in
- Artwork's condition The artwork is in perfect condition
- Framing This artwork is not framed
- Categories Paintings under $5,000 Abstract
In the early 1960s Theo Golb began to take his painting seriously, and it quickly became the greatest passion of his life. In the early years he was strongly influenced by Cubism and Suprematism. His style developed along a very long and complex path, ultimately taking its current form around 2009 following a short stay in Morocco – the country he calls “the promised land, where colours turn rapturous under a divine light.” He then abandoned his oils for acrylics and collage, creating his own mixed technique.
Theo Golb's early passion for architecture and music has become increasingly evident in his most recent compositions. The polyphonic principles of Baroque music and the geometric logic of architecture allow him to create abstract compositions of a rare intensity, in which geometry turns fluid, generating its own vibrant reality.
The artist was born in China, to Ukrainian parents. He spent the first half of his life in Germany, Lithuania and Ukraine before settling in Montreal in 1992.
Theo Golb is a graduate of Linguistic University in Minsk, Belarus where he earned a degree in the Studio-Theater program. From 1988 to 1990 he created frescos and a major series of stained glass windows for College 53 in Vilnius, Lithuania. In 1994 he participated in a group exhibition at the Entrecadre Gallery in Montreal. Since 2016 his works have been on permanent display at Gallery Richelieu, in Montreal.