Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
spring at the watercourse (2022) Drawing by Friedrich Zettl
- Packaging (Tube) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
This print is available in several sizes. Shipping to United States included!
This image is available for download with a licence
Original Artwork (One Of A Kind)
- Dimensions Height 15.6in, Width 11.2in
- Artwork's condition The artwork is in very good condition
- Framing This artwork is not framed
- Categories Drawings under $1,000 Abstract Nature
As far as construction is concerned, the image is based on Chinese calligraphy. This is almost always read from top right to the bottom, with the next line starting at the top again.
The objects in the picture, if you want to see them as objects, appear as seen as characters.
In the middle of the picture, you can see a landscape that suggests details both near and far. This is reinforced by the fact that the objects on the top right and bottom right point far into the distance.
These two points lead to the vertical pink line that gives the image a lot of power.
What is always valued is the harmonious coexistence of extremes. In this case: coarse :: fine, movement :: calm, abstract :: concrete, height :: depth, solid :: ethereal etc.
The pictures use Western color techniques and concepts from Asian painting.
Western ink and Indian ink on yupo paper.
Friedrich Zettl was the first European who was allowed to study at the Central Art Academy in Beijing after the Cultural Revolution.
During his second study visit, he researched Chinese painting and wrote his dissertation about it.
Zettl had previously exhibited work in Western styles, particularly Expressionist oil paintings, in Europe. Since studying traditional Chinese painting in theory and practice, however, his focus has shifted and Asian thinking has been increasingly incorporated into his work.
Above all, the techniques and philosophy of Chinese calligraphy characterize his brush work and composition. In addition, Zettl has a close relationship to Daoism and Zen Buddhism, which is clearly expressed in his work.
Zettl works mainly on paper and uses fine inks and Indian inks. In order to be able to implement his ideas in the best possible way, he has developed his own techniques that combine Western media and Asian concepts in an unprecedented way.