Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
Leopard Bust Ltd Ed of 15 only (2021) Sculpture by Brandon Borgelt
- Packaging (Wood Crate) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Most packages are delivered worldwide within 1 to 3 weeks (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
This image is available for download with a licence
Limited Edition (#2/15/15)
- Dimensions Height 18.5in, Width 11in, Depth 11.4in / 15.70 kg
- Artwork's condition The artwork is in perfect condition
- Fit for outdoor? Yes, This artwork can be displayed outdoor
- Categories Sculptures under $10,000 Figurative Cat
The ears are folded back signifying that he may have heard something behind him or possibly there is something in front of him that he is wary of and the downturned chin, piercing eyes and flat ears could signify a slight warning or threat posture.
Brandon Borgelt is a self-taught contemporary sculptor from South Africa. He spent many years delving into his passion for nature and creativity in varied ways such as working at game reserves and filming nature documentaries. Finally in 2000, he started sculpting in bronze.
When he took his first tentative steps with this medium, he found that kneading, pressing and forming the clay seemed to come naturally, and soon realized that this was the perfect way to channel creative energy. Using his hands to bring life to a three dimensional figure felt far more natural than trying to create an illusion of three dimensions on paper. Borgelt has merged his passions seamlessly to create brilliantly detailed bronze sculptures that capture the essence of his subject, which are African wildlife animals and nude.
Brandon Borgelt was born in 1966, in Johannesburg.