Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
Harmonie 2 (2023) Painting by Sophie Dumont
- Packaging (Box or cardboard packaging) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
This image is available for download with a licence
Original Artwork (One Of A Kind)
on Linen Canvas
Dimensions of the work alone, without framing: Height 25.6in, Width 21.3in
- Artwork's condition The artwork is in perfect condition
- Framing This artwork is framed (Floating Frame)
- Categories Paintings under $5,000 Abstract Geometric
Les teintes sont sourdes, melant couleurs chaudes et froides.
La bibliothèque est un sujet de predilection de l'artiste qui a débuté sa série en 2016 et qui est toujours d'actualité
Huile sur toile travaillée au couteau avec un empatement assez important apporté par la succession de couches sur la toile.
signé en bas à droite
Tableau encadré avec une caisse americaine en bois noir, possibilité de demander une caisse en bois naturel
Un crochet est fixé à l'arrière du tableau
Sophie Dumont is a contemporary French painter. Her landscapes evolves in modulations with blurred contours, to suggest volumes more than to draw a precise motif. The palette, in often more muted tones, suggests more than it imposes a resembling construction. The freedom of the artist joins that of the spectator, invited, whatever the theme, to enter the canvas to bring his interpretation and let himself be invaded by his own emotions. The multiple layers of matter patiently elaborate the transparencies from which the lights emerge.
Certain paintings can evoke the influence of Nicolas de Staël by their graphic simplicity, and tend by their fluidity, towards a lyrical abstraction which erases the visible appearances of reality. The variations of black, gray and white, for example, concentrate all the energy contained in nature, in a play of perspectives and lights where the line fades to the benefit of the general atmosphere of the canvas. But at the same time the style follows a continuous evolution which will be expressed later in a series on libraries, where the book appears more as an evocation of a culture than as an everyday object.
Sophie Dumont was born in 1964, in Paris. Her works have been featured in solo and group exhibitions nationally.