Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
Grandma (2017) Drawing by Xristastavrou
- Packaging (Box or cardboard packaging) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Most packages are delivered worldwide within 1 to 3 weeks (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
This print is available in several sizes.
Original Artwork (One Of A Kind)
Dimensions of the work alone, without framing: Height 26.4in, Width 18.1in
- Framing This artwork is framed (Frame + Under Glass)
- Categories Drawings under $10,000 Figurative
I'm using color pencils because they allow precision, control of detail, and depth. I wanted to control my line weight and easily emphasize attributes and shadows. Having control over the line weight is a great way to separate objects from one another and can help emphasize shadows. I'm transferring the simplicity and sensitivity of the moment by creating lighting and softness shadings in contrast to very dark and thicker lines. I'm conveying the 3D form and focusing on the grandma figure.
The grandmother's figure awakens these carefree and beautiful moments in the village and connects us to the past. Moments when my own and older generations lived made our lives more beautiful and memorable. I convey these messages to the younger generations through this art, thus keeping our roots alive. I want to inspire those who see my work to look more carefully and discover beauty in simple moments and the strength of emotions they obtain through this art. We don't just understand; we feel; we experience through art. Art moves us in ways that can bypass the walls we build to keep out the truth.
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
A signed Certificate of Authenticity accompanies this art.
This item will ship flat in a sturdy, secure, and well-protected shipping box. Expect your artwork to arrive with plenty of support packaged in to make its journey as safe as possible as it travels from the artist's studio to your home.
Please allow 48 hours of packaging processing before it is shipped.
I make every effort to ensure that images displayed on the website are as accurate as possible, but I cannot guarantee an exact color match to the work of art as shown on your screen.
My art is a form of expression and an extension of my personality. My creative mind never stops, and everything around me is an inspiration for my work, even the most minor and insignificant things in life. I started doing art at a very young age. For me, art becomes a source of search, processing, and ultimately peace with various experiences. Sometimes I draw figures, faces, and things in which I find something profound. I like to capture a moment and put it in a work of art. What I like most about the design is the emotions. I love when I see something shaking in someone's eyes and face, something just below the surface, and I can capture it with my drawing. I want to inspire people with works of art that focus on the resilience, strength, and connection of the human spirit and emotions.
Although family and work commitments prevailed, I continued my passion for art in my spare time. I am an incredibly compassionate person, and in many ways, I put myself wholeheartedly into every work of art. I never focus on specific art styles and themes, as I do not want to be framed in a particular technique and be more faithful to my emotions and imagination. Different media always allow me to express other ideas, and during the research, new areas of interest emerge and lead to my subsequent work. Sometimes I even use themes that will satisfy my obsession with colors and imagination. In a way, I communicate with this elusive sense of absolute joy in my art, and every time I feel happy in my life, I create art with colors and full of fantastic images and objects.
I always find beauty in bad things and try to transfer them to powerful and unique works of art. My work has been constantly rooted in the many personal emotions, moments, and things I have drawn from life for the past fifteen years. Evolution is my primary goal. It's something I demand of myself and my job. In recent years my works have been created spontaneously. At first, I did not realize it, but in the process, looking at them as a whole, I can say that indeed, there is an explosion of imagination. I avoid pre-defining the true meaning of the messages I send through my work and letting the viewer travel through my art. Although there may not always be similarities in subject matter, they are associated with a wealth of imagination and perfectionist detail, and my philosophy is consistent. Each work consists of different concepts, and "Communication" with my audience is what I have in mind when I paint. I never have hidden messages, and I like when viewers express different emotional reactions and perceptions about each of my works. Freedom of thought is a crucial feature of my work. I try to make the viewer perceive the meaning with his perception and way of thinking. The messages for each, however, may be different.
It is a blessing to be able to design and be creative. It gives me a sense of completion, harmony, and relaxation.