Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in a room, Other...
After several years as a freelance designer, I yearned for a more organic connection to the arts. My first workshop with master pastelist Ellie Bender was the catalyst that launched my fine art career. I have since explored oil painting and currently I have been painting primarily on silk with acrylic mediums. Many of the techniques I offer in my silk painting workshops are integrated into my fine art paintings as well as my hand painted scarves. I enjoy experimenting and keeping my options open when it comes to mediums and this passion has also blossomed into my own unique line of jewelry. One-of-a-kind pieces featuring original hand sculpted beads, focals and findings.
A degree in Graphic Design from Pratt Phoenix/Institute, New York, N.Y., along with my fine art background have given me the capability to attain success in many facets of art & design. Consequently this has enabled me to share my love of art with many others. Offering classes, workshops and weekly programs at the Arts Center Killingworth, Chester Village West retirement Community, Essex Meadows Lifecare Retirement Community, Clinton Parks & Recreation and private lessons and workshops on request.
My work has been exhibited in numerous juried shows, galleries, public venues and outdoor exhibitions. I have been honored with several awards including Honorable mention Illustrators Portfolio; Tassy Walden Awards New Voices in Children’s Literature 2003, Madison Art Society Annual Juried Show Award 2008-2011, Frank's Package Store Award; Guilford Art League Annual Juried Exhibition 2012, Honorable Mention; Manhattan Arts International Healing Power of Art "Positive Art That Lifts The Spirit" 2012, Artmajeur Silver Award; Artmajeur International 2008-2012, Shoreline Patrons' Prize; Clinton Art Society 65h Annual Juried Summer Exhibition 2014, Essex Art Association award; Earth, Wind & Fire Exhibition 2014. I was selected to design and illustrate Chapter 11 of The Great CT Caper, a serialized storybook for young people published on the CT Humanities/CT Center for the Book website.
I serve on the Board of Directors and a member of the Arts Center Killingworth, member of the Madison Art Society, Clinton Art Society, Guilford Art League, Lyme Art association & New Britain Museum of Art.
Recent work is featured at Specrum Gallery, Centerbrook, CT, Artisans Harbor, Old Saybrook, CT and other indoor/outdoor seasonal venues.
- Packaging (Box) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.