Added Apr 13, 2005
Catherine Rogers Jonsson
Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Mixed Media Installations, Printmaking
Born: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
• Master of Arts in Art Therapy, University of Wisconsin, Superior, Wisconsin. 1990.
• Master of Fine Arts in Sculpture and Drawing, Columbia University, New York City. 1979.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture and degree requirements in Philosophy, Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri. 1977.
• Art History Studies in England, France, Switzerland, Italy and Spain, Memphis State University, Memphis, TN. 1973.
• Training in Sculpture and Drawing, the Boston Museum School, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA. 1970-1973.
• Ahtello Soul Art Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden, 2004
• Konsthallen på Köpmansbrinken, Stockholm, Sweden, 2003
• Limtorget Gallery, Lidköping Sweden, 2003.
• Ahtello Soul Art Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden, 2002.
• Försäkringskassan Art Gallery, Lidköping, Sweden, 2001.
• Stadshus Gallery, Lidköping, Sweden, 2000.
• Shalimar Studio, Lidköping, Sweden, 1999.
• Recent Paintings and Monotypes, Site 250 Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska.1997.
• Monotypes and Mixed Media Works, Fairbanks Resource Agency Adult Center, Fairbanks, AK, 1997.
• Recent Pastels on Paper, Central Du Page Center. Glen Elyn, Illinois, 1996.
• Works on Paper, Mt Prospect, Chicago Public Library. 1995.
• Paintings and Drawings, Ascension Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska.1988.
• Drawings, Ascension Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska.1987.
• Recent Work (40 works in welded steel sculptures, paintings and drawings), Civic Center Bear Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1986.
• Monotypes, Wood Center Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska.1986.
• Permanent Outdoor Installation of a large welded steel sculpture, The Crab, Univ. Of Alaska Museum, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1983.
• Recent Work in painting, drawing, sculpting and jewelry. Univ. Of Alaska Fine Arts Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1982.
• Sculptures and Drawings, Prentis Hall Gallery, Columbia University, New York City. 1978.
• Large Scale Drawings, Dodge Hall, Columbia University, New York City. 1977.
• Höstsalongen, Kistamässan, Fall SalonStockholm 2009
• Well Street Art Company, 6 Consigned Paintings, June 2006-2007
• The Annex Art Space Gallery, DOLLS, Fairbanks Alaska, 2006-07-27
• Art Gallery Hornsgatan 64, Stockholm, Sweden, 2003
• Invitational Group Exhibition: Good Shepherd Hospital Charity Art Show, Barrington, Illinois. 1994
• Art Faculty Art Exhibition, University of Wisconsin, Superior Wisconsin. 1990.
• University of Alaska Statewide Art Faculty Exhibition, Anchorage Historical and Fine Arts Museum, Anchorage, Alaska. 1987.
• Fairbanks Arts Association Invitational Art Auction, Civic Center Bear Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1987.
• University of Alaska Statewide Art Faculty Exhibition, Univ. Of Alaska Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1986.
• Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival Exhibition, Chena Pump House, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1986.
• Large Sculpture Commission: Alaskan Malamute, Lathrop High School, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1986.
• Women Artists of Alaska Invitational, Stonington Gallery, Anchorage, Alaska.1985.
• Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival Exhibition, Wagon Wheel Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska.1985.
• Invitational Group Show, Signatures Gallery, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1985.
• University of Alaska Art Faculty Exhibition, Alaska State Museum, Juneau, Alaska.1984.
• Theatrical Set Design incorporating paintings and sculptures for a production of Royal Gambit, directed by Gene De Wilde. Fairbanks Drama Association, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1984.
• ”On and Of Paper”, National Invitational Drawing Exhibition, The Alaska State Museum in Juneau, The Anchorage Historical and Fine Arts Museum, and the Univ. Of Alaska Museum. 1983.
• Erotic Art Exhibition, The Gathering Gallery, Ketchikan, Alaska.1983.
• University of Alaska Statewide Art Faculty Exhibition, Civic Center Bear Gallery. 1983.
• Alumnae Art Exhibition, Stephens College, the Davis Art Gallery, Columbia, Missouri, 1983.
• University of Alaska Statewide Art Faculty Exhibition, Community Center Art Gallery, Anchorage, Alaska. 1982.
• National Sculpture Invitational, Visual Arts Center of Alaska, Anchorage Alaska.1981.
• University of Alaska Art Faculty Exhibition, Univ. Of Alaska Fine Arts Gallery. 1981.
• University of Alaska Art Faculty Exhibition, Univ. of Alaska Fine Arts Gallery. 1980.
• Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition, Dodge Hall Gallery, Columbia University, New York City. 1979.
• KRO medlem, National Artists Organization of Sweden, Member
• SRBt - Svenska Riksförbundet för Bildterapeuter (Swedish National Association for Art Therapists)
• Amnesty International, Member since 1986.
• American Art Therapy Association Registered Art Therapist since 1991.
• Society for the Arts in Healthcare Member
• Rädda Barnen, Save the Children Foundation, Member.
National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) - Great Britain
• Medborgarskolan, oil painting/ mixed media instructor, 2004-2006.
• Lidköping Kommun substitute teaching in English and Art, Lidköping, 2002-2003.
• University of Alaska, Summer Sessions, Graduate Art Therapy course, June-July 1999.
• Private practice Registered Art Therapist Fairbanks, Alaska 1991-1998.
• Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, Tanana Chiefs Conference, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1996-1998.
• University of Alaska Art History and Humanities, part-time instructor, Fairbanks, Alaska.1996-1998.
• Proviso Family Services, Lead therapist Adastra Program, Melrose Park, Chicago, Illinois, 1995-96.
• Good Samaritan Hospital Center for Mental Health, Art Therapist for Children, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatrics, Downers Grove, Illinois. 1990-1995.
• University of Wisconsin Art Department, Sculpture Instructor, Superior, Illinois.1989-1990
• Fairbanks Native Association, Children’s Counselor, Fairbanks, Alaska 1987-1988.
• University of Alaska Art Department, Assistant Professor of Sculpture and Drawing, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1979-1986.
Workshops Presented by C.R. Jonsson:
Healing Children through Creativity: Child Art Therapy Training Workshops
presented by Catherine Rogers Jonsson:
Temple University Fort Washington, Fort Washington ,PA
Temple University Harrisburg, Harrisburg, PA 2009
Roanoke Higher Education Center, Roanoke, VA 2009
University of Tennessee Knoxville, 2009
Portland State University 12th Annual Infant Toddler Conference, Vancouver, WA, 2009
Suquamish Tribe in-Service, Kiana Lodge, Suquamish, WA, Summer 2009
Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, WA 2009
Denali Towers North, Anchorage, AK. 2009
Portland State University, Portland, OR. 2009
Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN. 2009
The Long Beach Museum of Art, Long Beach, CA. 2008
The Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA. 2008
Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, CA. 2008
Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR. 2008
Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, WA, 2008
The Anchorage Fine Arts & Historical Museum, Anchorage, AK , 2008
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 2007
The University of Georgia-Athens, Athens, GA, 2007.
Other Workshops and Courses:
Healing Through the Creative Spirit, Two, 3-day workshops, The Annex Art Space, Ester, Alaska, 2006
My Life in Art and Art Therapy: 30 years in review, Östbyskolan, Lecture and Workshop, Lidköping, Sweden, 2004.
Introduction to Art Therapy, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, a graduate level course in the principles and practice of Art Therapy, 1999.
Art Therapeutic Techniques and Assessment for Mental Health Providers: The Four Winds Foundation, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1997
Art Therapy with Children of Alcoholics and Addicts, Various locations in the greater Chicago area.1992, 1994, 1996
Art Therapeutic Techniques and Assessment for Mental Health Providers: Various locations in the greater Chicago area. 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996.
Healing through the Creative Spirit, Good Samaritan Hospital Center for Mental Health 1993 and 1994. Utilizing art as therapy for mental health providers. Co-Founder with Rev. Jack Evert. Downers Grove, Illinois.
Artists Workshops Stipends Coordinated by C.R. Jonsson:
Hannah Wilke, New York City, Ceramic Sculpture Workshop
Robert Kaupelis, New York City, Experimental Drawing Workshop
Harold Woody, North Carolina, Sky Sculpture Workshop
Elliot Bassman, New York City, Drawing Workshop
Leonard Cave, Washington DC, Wood Carving Workshop
David Lund, New York City, Drawing Workshop
Poetry Published/ Video:
Ice-Floe, International Poetry of the North. Four published poems.
The John Haines Award, Honorable Mention Award. 2002
The Art and Poetry of Catherine Rogers Jonsson, video documentary by film maker Matheo Yamalakis, Stockholm Sweden. 2002
Poetry Slam, National Competition in Rinkeby, Sweden.
Poetry Slam, Lidköping and Vara, Sweden. In numerous competitions.
• Botkyrka Konstförening, Stockholm Sweden
• Claudia V. McCain, Sun Valley, Idaho USA
• Bokia Konstförening, Stockholm Sweden
• Konsthallen på Köpmansbrinken, Stockholm Sweden
• Lidköpings Konstförening Sweden
• Försäkringskassan Konstförening, Lidköping, Sweden
• Regina Konstklubban, Lidköping, Sweden
• University of Alaska Museum,USA
• Alaska State Museum, USA
• Chicago Public Library, Chicago, Illinois, USA
• Fairbanks Arts Association, Alaska, USA
• Fairbanks Drama Association, Alaska, USA
• Strandberg Engineering, Anchorage Alaska, USA
• Dr. and Mrs. Dennis Dussman, Alaska, USA
• Elliot Bassman, Brooklyn, New York, USA
• Dr. John Baertschy, Thailand
• Bosse Larson, Lidköping Sweden
• Kerstin Ilmestrand, Kolleräd, Sweden
• Dr. Dean Zuelsdorf, Fairbanks, Alaska, USA